How Much Does App Development Cost?
Realistic App Cost Forecasting
App Development Cost can vary, depending on the size and scope of the application you wish to build. It would be fantastic if we were able to pluck an exact figure out of the air for every App development project, but this is not realistic. Instead, we work closely with our clients to ensure that the correct expectations are set throughout the project life-cycle. Keeping App Development Cost as low as possible and focusing on getting the best return on investment for your business.
There are several factors to take into account during the planning stages;
- What are the different features of the App, how numerous and how complicated?
- What are the integration considerations (Is there a knock on effect downstream)?
- On what target devices are the applications to be deployed (more targets = more development effort & more testing effort)?
In the majority of cases, we will advise our customers not to pursue a fixed price contract. This often results in complicated change processing where functionality is deemed to be out of scope, particularly during Agile development. It is far better to agree on a preliminary budget (ballpark figure), with the aim of delivering the MVP with room for further iterations.
How We Quote App Development Cost
At Influential we have many man-years of forecasting and estimation experience. Broadly speaking, we adopt the following approach;
- Put together an initial estimate based on the available information.
- If agreed, move forward to more detailed information gathering with the client.
- Produce an initial proposal, present and review. This will include a revised budget estimate.
- If there is broad agreement, produce a statement of work and begin the discovery phase of the project.